Skip to content

Weekend update

September 12, 2005

Fair warning, this isn’t going to be like the funny version on SNL…I’m not that comedic.

What a weekend. They all seem to go too fast. I worked a wedding on Friday night, the people were great. The bride bought her dress on e-bay, we called it her renaissance princess dress, since that’s pretty much what it looked like. Everyone had a good time, but we got really frustrated that no one seemed to know how to follow directions and the whole thing started off as complete chaos. I enjoyed chatting with some of the grandparents during the cocktail hour and I about died when I heard the grandpa actually use the phrase, “fiddle dee dee.” I didn’t think anyone talked like that anymore.

I had a nice short day on Saturday, working only 4 hours. However, for that entire 4 hours, everyone kept calling me Mrs. Moulds every time they saw me. I swear I am never going to live that down. Going into today, I’m in first place with three teams that have players left playing tonight. So they can put their talk back in the bank for now. I hope I kick all of their butts in the league, just for that.

I left work, rushed home and got ready for the game, picked up the guy that went with me and headed off to the game. It was hot and of course I was sitting in right field with the sun beating down on me, so the shower I had taken prior to arriving was quickly futile. I was happy to have gotten there and not seen Sunshine, who I had bought the tickets with back in April. I wasn’t ready for the confrontation because, months later, I’m still so angry with her for the things she said when our relationship ended. She showed up in the middle of the 7th inning (why bother at that point), and we exchanged our cordial hellos and I went back to watching the game. Not surprisingly, she’s on again with her on-again-off-again boyfriend that makes her life miserable. I’m just glad that I’m not there to listen to the drama anymore.

I went out with the guy I took and his friends after the game, just running around downtown Denver, which I haven’t done much of (spending time downtown, that is) since I moved here. As we’re walking up the street, I started thinking, “wow, this is all very familiar to me…” and then started having flashbacks to the night I met Kevin and I was laughing so hard I couldn’t even tell them what was so funny. I’m sure they all thought I was crazy.

Yesterday I laid around and watched football all day. Great opening day. I did venture out of the house to get food at one point, but it was one of those days where I was super hungry, but nothing sounded good, so I didn’t know what to get. I wandered around the store for a while and then picked up a few things and went home and laid on the couch some more.

Today, I’m looking forward to lunch at Famous Dave’s, which Kevin talks about all the friggin’ time. They are having their grand opening and he is hoping to be their first Colorado customer. I laughed when I heard that.


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: