Skip to content

Weekend in Seattle

June 14, 2005

So I flew out Wednesday to surprise Julia for her 25th b-day, even though she ended up knowing I was coming. I have to thank frequent flier miles for sponsoring my trip, as I’m so broke, there’s no way I could have afforded it otherwise. Since Julia was still at work when I arrived Wednesday morning, I spent the day milling around downtown like I used to do, wandering in and out of the boutiques and the market. Even went to SAM, the art museum, to see what was new since the last time I was there. Other than the glass exhibit, which was awesome, nothing else was new.

Thursday, I spent most of the morning sleeping, then working with Julia’s sister-in-law gardening, first at their house, then at Julia’s. That was a lot of work, but at least I got my exercise for the week. Plus, I love to garden, and miss not being able to do that much, other than container gardening.

Friday, Julia and I spent the day running errands, me getting my hair done (I still haven’t found a decent hair salon since I moved), and also getting the morons at Sprint to fix the billing error that they made, which kept getting my phone turned off every two days. It was really irritating. Then we got ready for dinner and had a great dinner at our favorite steakhouse, the Keg. Afterwards, we went bowling, and while I bowled two games in my normal range of 60-80, I also bowled my first and last games at an all time high of 121 and 122, respectively. Then we stayed up till 3:30 in the morning playing trivial pursuit, which I almost won, but Julia came back and beat me.

Saturday we went to the new outlet mall north of Seattle, which was a bit disappointing. I wasn’t really in the mood to shop (I know, I can’t believe it either), partly because I didn’t have a ton of money to spend, and partly because I had a lot on my mind. Being in Seattle just made me fear running into my ex, and that, in turn, got the wheels turning, and I couldn’t stop it. That night, we feasted on many of the 75 crab that Julia’s brother and brother-in-law had caught that morning.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day, we just bummed around and talked a lot. I’m feeling kind of stuck in my job right now, but not sure what direction to take from this point. I really hate the packaging/distribution industry, I’ve been in it for 5 years now, and it’s just not fun anymore. My boss is in town this week, so I plan to sit down and talk with him about it.


Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: